The team PCS stands for provincial Civil services. It is a vacancy of state government. We all know that there are two heads of the districts and the first one is the DM the district Magistrate and he is a PCS officer who takes the charge of everything happening in the district.
The work of the PCS officer is somewhat same as of a CS officer they are given different duties in their respective district and these role and responsibilities are given according to the post.
The main duties of these PCS officers is to implement various government scheme, create awareness among masses and in addition to this they acts as facilitator for government. Their working starts at grass root level for upliftment of masses.
- SDM:-look after the administration/ revenue collection of sub-district.
- DySP:-they have to look after the law and order of circle.
- Assistant labour commissioner :- look after the implementation of labour laws
- BDO:- look after the development activities at the back level
How to become a PCS officer?
In order to become a PCS officer you need to go for the PCS exam.
The exam is conducted by UPSC and the pattern is same you need to clear the prelims first than the main interview.
The PCS Exam is held for the recruitment of candidates for the civil service posts of their particular state. These posts are under the control of the state government and one cannot be transferred to another state once recruited in PCS.
This is a state level exam and in order to clear it you should have a good knowledge of the country and you should be up to date with the current affairs in the country.
Once you are done with exams and you have come in the final merit list. Then the selection is followed by interview which is again followed by some sort of medical test and once you have cleared all the stages you will be enrolled in small training before the actual commencement.
>> Do you have an account with BOB? click here to know about Bob Balance check new number
Tips for preparation.
- This exam has high competition and in order to fight with this competition you should be mentally prepared.
- You have to be very good at general knowledge. Hence pay special attention in enhancing their general knowledge.
- You have to be prepared with the regional language in order to perform well in the interview.
- For an effective praise off through the practise paper and previous year paper. So that you have a idea of difficulty level and the type of question asked.