The children from Asia comprises almost about 16% of the total population of school students but dominate the admission procedures in most competitive and prestigious schools in the world and earns spot or forms part about 50 percent of the total overall spots. This is really astonishing and the staggering number of qualified admission seekers from Asia is a matter of pride as an Asian.
There are many reasons for the Asian children for being successful or overrepresented in most of the schools or colleges or even in almost all the toughest exams in the world.
- Asian societies normally give much importance and emphasis on their traditional way to success. The parents are considered to be much supportive to their school and college going children or even to university students as compared to other ethnic or racial cultures. Even the poorest of poor people tend to send their children to good or elite schools or colleges and for that matter they are willing to do extra work or labour to meet the both ends. They cannot even think of not sending their kids to schools for difficult pecuniary circumstances. This may be one of the reasons that many Asian communities are from lower economic background and they just don’t want their children to be there in their positions because they want a better economic affluent situation in later part of their lives through investment their children’s education. And they think that this is the only reliable way to get rid of their poor economic conditions. This direct or indirect pressure makes the children very responsible and sincere to their studies which ultimately help them motivated to their academic excellence.
- Another reason for their excellence in education and academic success is the standards and the environment where they have been grown up. A student feels alienated if he is not up to the standards of his fellow kiths and kin. Mostly in the Asian community the students are academically excellent and this motivates the other students of the community to excel by doing extra hard work. This attitude remains in almost all the students of the Asian community and for that remain focused to their subjects and do not complain for being completed to do the extra work to be at par with other children in the locality.
- The awareness amongst the children helps to attain success in their academic field of studies as the environment also helps them to be more competitive to bring more success than their cousins and family friends. As they do not like to be inferior to their brethren, they work a few extra miles to be able to get admission in schools like MIT or Yale and even Stanford. This attitude makes a huge difference in their achievements in lives.
- Of course these achievements of their seniors in the community helps the next generations a bit to go through the roadmap or have a clear cut opinion to chose the right path to be successful.
- Because of the nature of the Asian parents the young minds are fostered in such a competitive way starting from their elementary school days that they are bound to excel in their field of studies. The achievements these children get develop a self perpetuate and responsible gap in the minds of the students in comparison to other ordinary or average fellow students. Once the reputations they achieve through their academic excellence even in their elementary level of education, they receive all kinds of recognitions and importance and praise in the society. This makes them enjoy their studies more and develop more pride in academics and become more competitive. The positive ambiance helps them to be more focused in their education and work harder to become more viable than their next range of pupil.
Of course there are set backs to this cultural behaviour or system. Sometimes the children are pushed so hard or pressurized by their parents to become achievers that they lost their goal and start behaving in a peculiar way and become mentally sick.
To get academic excellence, the parents have to take care even from the very beginning of their early childhood education progamme.