UAN, the universal account number is a important number scene it is related to Employee provident fund. With UAN number you can access to your PF account services like withdrawal, cheacking EPF balance without the help of employer and PF loan application is easy.
What is UAN?
This is a 12 digit number which is given to every employer who contributes to EPF. The UAN of an employee always remains same and it doesn’t depends on how much jobs any person changes in his life.
How to get your UAN
- Through employer:- you can easily get your Universal Account Number which will be given to your by your employer allotted to you by the EPFO. You can check it on your salary slip since many employer print the UAN number on salary slips.
- Through UAN Portal using PF number/ Member ID:- it is possible, that you are unable to get your universal account number form the employer. You can get your universal account number through UAN portal also.
- Visit https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in
- Where you will find the option for “ know your UAN status” click on it
- You will come up with a page where you have to select you state and EPFO office. Now enter your PF number/member ID and other details such as name, date of birth, mobile number and captcha code.
- The next step is that you will receive a PIN on your mobile number. Now enter the PIN and click on validate OTP and get UAN
- Your Universal Account Number will be send to your mobile number.
How to activate and login to the EPFO Website using UAN.
- On if you want to activate your UAN you need to have your universal Account number and PF member id with you.
- GO to the EPFO homepage and click on “for Employee” under. “Our services” on dash board
- Now click on Member UAN/Online services” in the services section. You would reach the UAN portal
- Enter your UAN, mobile number, and PF member ID and other details. Enter the received otp and click on the I agree option. You will receive a password on your mobile number. As soon as your UAN is activated.
- Centralize employee data in the country
- It brings down the burden of employee verification form companies and employers by EPF organization
- Useful for EPFO to track multiple job switches of employee.