The EPF, employee Provident Fund (EPF) is a saving scheme which is developed by the Employees Provident Fund Organisation. This is actually a retirement fund which is created for the Employee under the Provision Act in 1952.
Ways to withdraw your PF online
You cannot withdraw your PF when you are working but there are ways you can get the amount in emergency situations. You can get this amount when you are switching your job and you can get your PF account transferred.
In order to withdraw your PF online you have to download Form 19 which you have to download from the form the EPFI websites. Now you have to fill this form and submitted to the regional EPF Office or you claim your withdrawal using you UAN on the EPFO portal. For this purpose you should not that you UAN is activated and all the bank details and KYC documentation is updated.
Steps to file the withdrawal form online
- Login to the EPFO portal using the UAN and password.
- Verify KYC details by clicking on the Manage tab.
- The next step is to visit the “Our service tab and click on the option titled Claim form the drop down.
- Now under the section: I want to Apply for” choose the option of type if withdrawal.
- If you are eligible the applying the drop down box with the types of withdrawal will only be displayed.
- You claim once done will be then forwarded to the employer for approval. And once your claim has been approved you PF amount will be created within 10 days.
Other ways to get your PF withdrawal.
- Apply for PF amount withdrawal and this will be done with the help of UAN (universal account number). This is a very easy way if you have UAN than you can directly apply for PF withdrawal. The main problem in this option is that most employers do not share the UAN with employees.
- PF withdrawal application submission to regional PF office this way you need to get a PF withdrawal form and you need to fill the form and submit it into the regional Provident Fund Office. In this process you have to attest your identity and with the identity the PF office will check your identity that the apply person is right. You need to attest one of the following with your withdrawal form.
- Any Bank Manager
- A Gazetted Officer
- Magistrate/Post/sub Post Master/ President of Village Pranchayat/ Notary Public